There are certain times I must reinvent the wheel in my practice and there are other times that I don’t need to. With Sanesco I don’t really need to reinvent the wheel, it's already right there.
The art & science of functional nutrition™
Balance between inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmitters is vital to health and well-being. Inhibitory neurotransmitters such as serotonin, GABA and glycine control excitatory signals in the nervous system. That is why supporting inhibitory neurotransmitters often results in an overall calming and relaxing effect.
Prolent includes ingredients that support the action of inhibitory neurotransmitters.* 5-HTP and vitamin B6 support serotonin synthesis.* Theanine, as Suntheanine®, supports both the release of GABA and its function.*1,2 The combination of these ingredients along with glycine allows Prolent™ to offer comprehensive support for inhibitory neurotransmission.*
The NeuroSupport Blend™ (NSB) enhances absorption.* Improved absorption allows for smaller doses and fewer capsules.
Prolent helps prevent over-excitation when catecholamine support is being used.* Prolent may be used in Initial, Restoration and Maintenance phases along the path to patient wellness. It may be combined with Lentra™, SomniTR™, or Tranquilent™ for added inhibitory support.*
L-theanine as Suntheanine® (standardized to <99%): Shown to promote relaxation by multiple mechanisms including antagonizing glutamate receptors, increasing the release of GABA, and decreasing norepinephrine levels in the brain.*1,2
5-HTP: A naturally occurring amino acid and metabolite of L– tryptophan. 5-HTP is the direct precursor in the biosynthesis of serotonin.* Use of 5-HTP avoids the rate-limiting conversion of tryptophan to 5-HTP.
Glycine: Functions as an inhibitory neurotransmitter, primarily in the brainstem and spinal cord.*3
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5’-phosphate): Active form of B6. Cofactor in conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin.*
NeuroSupport Blend™ (NSB): Proprietary mixture composed of Bioperine® and plant-based enzymes clinically proven to maximize nutrient absorption.*
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60 Capsules
Prolent™ Formula 295mg
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate)
L-theanine (as Suntheanine®)
5-hydroxytryptophan (Griffonia simplicifolia) (seed)
NSB™ Proprietary Blend 102.5mg
BioPerine® (Black Pepper Extract) (standardized to 95% piperine)(Piper nigrum) (fruit)
NSB™ is a trademark of Sanesco International Inc.
BioPerine® is a registered trademark and a product of Sabinsa Corp.
Suntheanine® brand L-Theanine is a registered trademark of Taiyo International, Inc.Suntheanine® is Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) & is Non-GMO Project Verified.
GABA is important for:
- Calm and relaxation4
- Regulating excitability4
Serotonin also plays important roles in:
- Mental and emotional health (including mood and anxiousness)5
- Stress response6
- Appetite and cravings7
- Pain perception8
- GI motility10
- Menstrual health12
- Calm and relaxation14
Muscle control and coordination Glycine is important in:
- Pain perception15,16
- Connective tissue health18,19
- Eschenauer G and Sweet BV. Am J Healthy-Syst Pharm. 2006 Jan 1;63(1):26-30.
- Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683–2686.
- Bannai M, et al. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences. 2011 Mar;65(2), 142-149.
- Ngo D and Vo TS. Molecules. 2019;24(15):2678.
- Longone P, et al. Frontiers in endocrinology. (2011):2.
- Moller SE. (1992). Serotonin, carbohydrates, and atypical depression. Pharmacol Toxicol. 71 Suppl 1:61-71. Slide 19,20
- Wurtman J and Wurtman R. Curr Obes. Rep. 2018 Mar;7(1):1-5.
- Ho KY, et al. Br J Anaesth. 2010 Setp;105(3):371-6.
- Hull EM, et al. Physiology and Behavior. 2004 Nov;83(2):291-307.
- Crowell MD. Br J Pharmacol. 2004 Apr;141(8):1285-93.
- Rybaczy LA, et al. BMC Women’s Health. 2005.
- Yonkers KA, et al. ancet. 2008 Apr 5;371(9619):1200-1210.
- Bravo R, et. al. Age (Dordr). 2013 Aug;35(4):1277-86.
- Tauscher J, et al. The Amer J of Psychiatry. 2001 Aug 1;158(8):1326-1328.
- Lynch JW. Physiol Rev. 2004 Oct ;84(4):1051-95.
- Miraucourt LS, et al. J Neurosci. 2009 Feb 25;29(8):2519-27.
- O’Byrne J, et al. J Biol Chem. 2003 Sep 5;278(36):34237-44.
- McCarty MF, O’Keefe JH, DiNicolantonio JJ. Ochsner J. 2018 ;18(1):81-87.
- Meléndez-Hevia E, et al. J Biosci. 2009 Dec ;34(6):853-72.
- Frenkel L, Muraro NI, Beltrán González AN, et al. (2017 Apr 4). Organization of Circadian Behavior Relies on Glycinergic Transmission. Cell Rep. 19(1):72-85.
Targeted serotonin nutrition
L-theanine (as Suntheanine®)
Shown to promote relaxation by multiple mechanisms including antagonizing glutamate receptors, increasing the release of GABA and decreasing norepinephrine levels in the brain.*
A naturally occurring amino acid and metabolite of L- tryptophan. 5-HTP is the direct precursor in the biosynthesis of serotonin.*
Functions as an inhibitory neurotransmitter, primarily in the brainstem and spinal cord.*
What They're Saying
What I noticed right away about the formulas was that they had the NSB™ (NeuroSupport Blend) in them. So many of our patients with adrenal issues also have gut issues, and they’re malabsorbing. Getting them on a product that's going to actually be bioavailable was super important.
clinician led personalized nutrition
SomniTR supports optimal melatonin production by supplementing multiple steps in the serotonin-to-melatonin pathway
Ingredients in Lentra target GABA-A receptors without inducing sedation.* GABA promotes relaxation and restfulness