I find it [Tranquilent] helpful for situations like behavioral issues, attention difficulties, anxiousness.* I find it especially helpful for kids.
The Art & Science of Functional NutritionTM
Balance between inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmitters is vital to health and well-being. Inhibitory neurotransmitters such as serotonin and GABA control excitatory signals in the nervous system. That’s why supporting inhibitory neurotransmitters often results in an overall calming and relaxing effect.
Tranquilent includes ingredients that support the action of inhibitory neurotransmitters.* 5-HTP supports serotonin synthesis.* Myo-inositol works to support serotonergic receptors.*1 Theanine, as Suntheanine®, supports both the release of GABA and its function.*2,3
Tranquilent may be used in Initial, Restoration and Maintenance phases along the path to wellness.
L-theanine as Suntheanine® (standardized to >99%): Shown to promote relaxation by multiple mechanisms including antagonizing glutamate receptors, increasing the release of GABA and decreasing norepinephrine levels in the brain*2,3
5-HTP: A naturally occurring amino acid and metabolite of L–tryptophan. 5-HTP is the direct precursor in the biosynthesis of serotonin.* Use of 5-HTP avoids the rate-limiting conversion of tryptophan to 5-HTP
Myo-inositol (inositol) A precursor for the second messenger system (phosphatidyl-inositol) used by noradrenergic, cholinergic and serotonergic receptors.* Inositol regulates numerous cellular functions including membrane and receptor function*1
Serving Size: 1 Chewable Tablet
Servings per Container: 30 Tablets
Tranquilent™ Formula 1,045mg
L-Theanine (as Suntheanine®)
5-hydroxytryptophan (Griffonia simplicifolia) (seed)
Suntheanine® brand L-Theanine is a registered trademark of Taiyo International, Inc.Suntheanine® is Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) and is Non-GMO Project Verified.
GABA is important for:
- Calm and relaxation4
- Regulating excitability4
Serotonin also plays important roles in:
- Mental and emotional health (including mood and anxiousness)5
- Stress response5
- Appetite and cravings6
- Pain perception7
- GI motility9
- Menstrual health11
- Calm and relaxation13
- Muscle control and coordination14
Inositol is important for:
- Mental and emotional health (including mood)1
- Impulse control1
- Fear response1
- Colodny L and Hoffman RL. Altern Med Rev. 1998;3(6):432-447.
- Eschenauer G and Sweet BV. Am J Healthy-Syst Pharm. 2006 Jan 1;63(1):26-30.
- Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683–2686.
- Ngo D and Vo TS. Molecules. 2019;24(15):2678.
- Longone P, et al. Frontiers in endocrinology. (2011):2.
- Møller SE. (1992). Serotonin, carbohydrates, and atypical depression. Pharmacol Toxicol. 71 Suppl 1:61-71. Slide 19,20
- Wurtman J and Wurtman R. Curr Obes. Rep. 2018 Mar;7(1):1-5.
- Ho KY, et al. Br J Anaesth. 2010 Setp;105(3):371-6.
- Hull EM, et al. Physiology and Behavior. 2004 Nov;83(2):291-307.
- Crowell MD. Br J Pharmacol. 2004 Apr;141(8):1285-93.
- Rybaczy LA, et al. BMC Women’s Health. 2005.
- Yonkers KA, et al. ancet. 2008 Apr 5;371(9619):1200-1210.
- Bravo R, et. al. Age (Dordr). 2013 Aug;35(4):1277-86.
- Tauscher J, et al. The Amer J of Psychiatry. 2001 Aug 1;158(8):1326-1328.
gaba receptor support
L-theanine (as Suntheanine®)
Shown to promote relaxation by multiple mechanisms including antagonizing glutamate receptors, increasing the release of GABA and decreasing norepinephrine levels in the brain.*
A naturally occurring amino acid and metabolite of L- tryptophan. 5-HTP is the direct precursor in the biosynthesis of serotonin.*
A precursor for the second messenger system (phosphatidyl-inositol) used by noradrenergic, cholinergic and serotonergic receptors.*
What They're Saying
I hear stories in my office every day, but it’s not just about this product but the combination. With Sanesco’s products, people will say, “I can't believe how good I feel.”
One of the features that parents like about it [Tranquilent] is that it seems to work very quickly.
clinician led personalized nutrition
Prolent™ contains glycine, ingredients for serotonin synthesis and ingredients to support GABA release and/or function.*
SomniTR™ is designed to initially release 1 mg of melatonin immediately after ingestion and 1 mg three hours later.*